Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Welcome! Caroline Kunisky!

Hi everyone, my name is Caroline Kunisky and I am a sophomore here at Penn State Berks. My major is Hospitality Management, in order to pursue my dream job as a Wedding Planner. I am highly involved on campus, I am the Secretary of the Dance Team, a member of the Hotel Restaurant Society, Lion Ambassadors, Orientation Leaders, THON, and now I am a blogger! Which makes me so excited to see what else is in store for this semester.

Her sister, Maria, Caroline and her mom supporting their favorite team
My sister, Maria, me and my mom
supporting our favorite team.
So let’s start from the very beginning. I grew up in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania with the most supportive and lovely family I could ever ask for. My family includes, my parents, Michael and Leslie, my older sister, Maria, and my little West Highland Terrier, Biscuit. Maria and I grew up going to the dance studio every day after school for our entire lives. And we would not want it any other way. At dance, my sister was in the class above me, but nothing stopped me from getting to where she was. I don’t think Maria ever knew how much I truly looked up to her at the studio. I always wanted to be a ballerina like her. My sister is now 22 years old, and is finishing her last year at West Chester University in order to become a Special Needs teacher. It’s crazy to think that she is going to be graduating in the spring! I cannot wait until I see my number one fan cross the stage as I bawl my eyes out. I am tremendously proud to call her my sister, let alone my best friend.

Not only are my sister and I extremely close but, my family in general is. Our favorite thing to do as a family is to travel. We love to explore places we have never been to. In the past couple of years our big trips included London, Paris, Italy, St. Maartens, Cayman Islands and of course, trips in the United States as well. I absolutely loved seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Coliseum and Big Ben, as well as swimming with dolphins and stingrays in the Caribbean. It is memories like these that I’ll never forget.

Without my family introducing me to Penn State, I probably would not know much about it. I decided to go to Penn State Berks because I grew up going to all of the football games and basketball games with my parents and sister at Happy Valley. I was the little girl that wore cheerleading outfits to every game, dreamed about becoming a Lionette, and could eat an entire dish of Peachy Paterno ice cream at the Creamery. Ever since, I knew that this place had my heart.

Dance Team of 2013-2014 at a Competition after winning 3rd place
Dance Team of 2013-2014 at a
Competition after winning 3rd place.
I am so thankful that I decided to be a Nittany Lion when I chose my school. Ever since I arrived, I’ve never been happier. I enjoy all of my challenging courses, I enjoy learning more about my major every day in class, and most of all I enjoy the people I have met. The Dance Team is full of all of my best friends, we are basically a big happy family. I mean nothing can be better than dancing with your best friends and having the time of your life. Being a part of Lion Ambassadors has made me love my school even more, I truly look up to each and every fellow Lion Ambassador. HRS Club has made me fall in love with my major all over again. And Orientation Leaders has made me realize why I decided to come to this school with such pride. Nothing in the world could make me happier, and I am so proud to call myself a Nittany Lion.

Until next time Penn Staters!
Caroline Kunisky


No comments:

Post a Comment