Monday, October 6, 2014

Welcome! Ali Shewell!

Ali Shewell
Well hello everyone! My name is Alexandria Shewell , but I usually go by Ali…or AliCat (you’ll find out why later).  I am a junior Communication Arts and Sciences major planning to graduate here at Penn State Berks. I am one of those people who came into school thinking that I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life. Although, it has altered a little since I’ve been here, I’m still a proud communications student.

I commuted my first two years, but ended up moving onto campus where I plan to stay for my last two years.

The Lion Ambassadors
The Lion Ambassadors
Being involved on campus is very important to me. I owe all my involvement to the first organization I was inducted into, the Lion Ambassadors. This is where I started making friends and really enjoying my college life. I am currently in my second year of membership.

I served one semester and the Editor in Chief for the Berks Collegian and currently serve as one of the Donor and Alumni Relations co-chairs for Penn State Berks Benefitting THON. This position means so much to me and I am really looking forward to a great year serving as a Berks THON executive.
Holding the Berks letters at THON 2014
Holding the Berks letters at THON 2014
Ali and her boyfriend
My boyfriend and me
As far as I go as a person, I’m a pretty open book. I love my cat…well all cats really (here’s where the nickname comes in), my boyfriend, my friends and my crazy family. I have a weird obsession with the Eiffel Tower along with The Beatles as well.  When I have free time you can usually find me watching Law and Order: SVU or Friends marathons, spending time with friends, or performing some pretty solid car karaoke.

That’s pretty much me in a nutshell! I am so thankful for everything that I’ve had the chance to experience here at Penn State Berks as well as the people I’ve met. I can’t wait to write more for you guys.

Until next time,

Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment