Monday, October 7, 2013

Having A Job During College?!

Hey, it's Zach and I'm back with some blog action! I'm here to talk to you guys about having a job in college. Personally, I love working, when I don't have anything to do I get bored, so I actually have two jobs. I work in the Campus Life Office at PSUB, and I also work at an assisted living home near my house. 

I find that having these jobs are incredibly rewarding, I am able to build bonds with different students on campus as they come into the Campus Life Office, and I'm also able to connect with a different generation. It amazes the stories I hear and the experiences that the people I deal with have gone through. Something that I enjoy telling people is that, throughout my time at the assisting living home, I have gotten to know two centenarians, one who is 105, and the other who is 100. ISN'T THAT AWESOME! 


Zach Mourer at work
Just getting ready for work.
Now, I know a lot of people who work and go to school at the same time, at least with the people I meet it appears to be the norm. What's wrong with a little extra spending cash and an increased sense of responsibility? I'm not trying to say that those who work are better off. In order to have a job and go to school at the same time you should be make sure of a few things. 

1) Financially speaking, do you need it? If you need to work to get yourself to class then it is highly recommended. 

2) Can you handle it? If being busy and juggling a crammed course load is your thing, then why not? 

3) What do your parents think? In some capacity they are most likely helping you out, so ask them what they think about you getting a job! They will probably like the idea and be happy you are being more responsible.

4) Remember, SCHOOL COMES FIRST, never let your grades drop and always know your limit! 

Thanks for reading guys...WE ARE!!

Students at PSU Berks Campus
This campus is such a great place to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment