Thursday, November 1, 2012

Meet Katie Eggert & James McCarty


Katie Eggert

Hi, my name is Katie and I am a sophomore, Applied Psychology major from Reading, PA. I commute from home, and am very involved in campus activities, serving as an Orientation Leader and a Lion Ambassador, a student representative for the campus that gives tours, and many other duties. 

I am also very involved in THON. Short for the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon, THON is a year-long effort to raise funds and awareness for the fight against pediatric cancer. THON's fundraising helps offset the cost of a child's cancer treatment and helps establish research endowments aimed at increasing the cure rates of pediatric cancer treatments.


I am also a member of the Campus Activities Board which organizes campus events. Even though I am an Applied Psychology major, I'm also a member of the Hotel Restaurant Society, which helps to serve events on campus. I was asked to join because I love baking!

James McCarty

Hi, my name is James and I am a senior here at Penn State Berks, majoring in Applied Psychology with a minor in Business. I've commuted from home for all four years, and am extremely involved on campus. For example, I am the president of the Lion Ambassadors, a group that gives campus tours, assists with open houses, and performs many other duties. 

I was also an Orientation Leader Captain this past fall, assisting and welcoming the incoming freshman class. I am also a member of the Honors program at Berks. I work in both the Admissions Office, as well as the Campus Life Office, and also serve on many student committees.

When I graduated high school, I looked at a lot of colleges, but I fell in love with Penn State Berks. Here I’m earning the big University degree, and still enjoying one-on-one interaction with my professors. The Applied Psychology degree program includes multiple internships, giving students a lot of real-world experience. The college has given me so many leadership opportunities. Choosing Penn State Berks is the best decision I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment