Monday, November 12, 2012

Katie Eggert - Commuting


The other day, I had a fellow Lion Ambassador ask me where I live on campus.  To her surprise, I responded by saying, “I commute from home!”  Most people come up to me thinking that I live on campus because of how involved I am, and it is one of the greatest feelings!  My mom will often say to me, “Are you ever going to be home?”  Most days I feel like I should bring a pillow in the library and just stay here.  Lately, some of my closest friends have even let me stay with them over night or over the weekend. 

When I first came to Berks, I was a little nervous about making friends because I am a commuter.  For the first few weeks of my first semester, I was always by myself and would leave campus as soon as classes were over.  As soon as I decided to get more involved with campus, I made many friends and became a part of the campus.  Now when I walk to class, I pass by at least 5 people that I know.  I feel so proud to be a part of the campus, I am proud to be a Penn State student, and I am proud to bleed blue and white! 

No comments:

Post a Comment