Thursday, September 12, 2013

Intro Blog - Jeanine Snow

Hi everyone! My name is Jeanine Snow and I’m a Senior Applied Psychology major here at Penn State Berks. I’m originally from Philadelphia but have spent the better part of the last 3 years living on campus and falling in love with all that is Penn State Berks!

I’m really involved on campus–I like to think of myself as both a full-time student and full-time student leader. This year, I am serving as the Lion Ambassador President (this is the group on campus that gives tours, helps with open houses and visitation programs, and lends a hand wherever needed really).
 
Lion Ambassadors Fall 2013
My wonderful LA family!

Spring Week Carnival 2013! I was really excited to throw the ball at the
dunk tank to raise money for Camp Out for Hunger!
 I was also the Lead Orientation Captain for the Fall 2013 Orientation Program and served as a Color Captain the year before! Basically I get to be the loud and crazy leader that runs around with the new students and make them feel welcome!
Pink Ladies
My “Pink Ladies” giving our best Nittany Lion fierce pose!
These girls helped me run orientation but most importantly survive it!
Jeanine and Devin Heckman
Whether it was celebrating surviving the SGA Awards Banquet (which was a huge part of my campus life internship) with the current SGA President, Devin Heckman...


Fun and Games
...creating display cases that are pretty wonderful
Students at Perkins Plaza
...or successfully planning an outdoor movie, my internships have provided lots of high points in my college career! These are just a few of my favorite photos!




I’m also currently serving as a Peer Mentor for my 4th class of First-Year Students! Aside from just being involved on campus, I’ve also had the opportunity to complete a variety of different internships while attending Berks! I’ve interned at a local elementary school shadowing a guidance counselor (I quickly realized I wasn’t cut out for that job), in the Penn State Berks Campus Life Office, and I am currently interning in Admissions here at Berks! 


students at the Creamery In my free time, I love spending time with family and friends, listening to music (and finding new music), watching Disney movies, reading books (my personal favorite has always been The Great Gatsby … it’s finally cool to say that now), napping, being outside, and helping in the community as much as possible! I’m also a sports junky… it’s a thing!
Flyers fans

in a tutu

I love to laugh and make others laugh!  After I graduate in May, I hope to attend graduate school for Student Affairs and work in a college setting one day! That’s me in a nutshell! I’m zany, passionate, and love all that my college career has allowed me to experience! I’m eager to see what my Senior Year has in store for me and I can’t wait to share it with you all!

PSU face tattoos

     

No comments:

Post a Comment