Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Passion in Life

Katie with her cameraEveryone has that one hobby, one activity, or thing that they live for. Whatever this is, it allows people to relax and to escape from reality for a period of time. It facilitates relaxation and brings more confidence to the person involved in that activity. Everyone has that one “passion”.

My “passion” in life is photography.

The feel of the smooth plastic of the camera in my hands, mixed with the click of the shutter closing and opening, and capturing that moment of time in order for it to be preserved forever…It’s like a rush. It’s a thrill, that exhilarates my soul and when that million-dollar moment is captured, and reviewed, my smile extends farther than my face… into my heart.

The enthusiasm we put into our “passions” is unmatched, and can’t be described. We strive over perfection of all details, and giving 125%, one hundred percent of the time. It reflects the best that each of us has to offer and shapes us into better people.

But, what about everything else? What about every other hobby, activity, and even chore that we also participate in? These are the activities that, unlike our “passion” in life, we merely complete, but not necessarily excel at or really care about.

Consider the power of your “passion”. What goes through your mind as you select the colors for your next painting? Or the mindset you have before your basketball game, or even baseball game?

Now imagine trying to apply that motivation into other things you do. Maybe toward things in your everyday life, such as daily activities or chores. Picture you completing those activities with the same kind of enthusiasm you show during your “passion”.  Its mind blowing, isn’t it?

Applying that kind of passion may not be as hard as you think!

Here’s an example of a picture that my mom posted on my Facebook wall the other day, because she knew I was having a rough week. It cheered me up right away.

Life is like a cameraIt was a photo of a camera, and it said this phrase on it:

“Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important. Capture the good times. Develop from the negatives. And, if things don’t work out- just take another shot”.  

When I saw this post on my wall I held my breath. It made perfect sense. When I considered these words, described in “photography terms”, the message clicked in my mind like it had never clicked before.

Ever since then, I feel as though I've had a more positive look on life. It was really easy, almost like a teacher describing a math problem. I’m no math major, but I know that for some subjects in math, there may be more than one approach to solve an equation.  It was like my mom was the math professor, and she said, “Here, try solving the equation this way instead!” when she posted that picture. If one way doesn't click, just keep trying!

Once you find that method of solving the equation, so to speak, the results will be astounding. So keep trying to convert your passion into everyday life, and let the results blow your mind!

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment