Friday, April 17, 2015

What I like the most about my college experience

If someone were to ask me what’s my favorite moment or experience so far, I would not know how to reply. Why? Because I just love every single moment I’ve spent at Penn State Berks. I’ve had the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful people and make a lot of fun memories with them.

In only two years, I’ve grown so much in both personality and character. I find it amusing how much can someone experience in such a short period of time. College can go by in a blink of an eye and that is why I’m trying to do as much as I can while I’m still here. I’ve found so many things that have made me fond of our campus, and I know I will find many more in the time that I have left.

To make this sweet and short, these are some of the things that have made me love my college experience so far:
  • I like the close knit environment on campus and how I can walk from class to class and be able to see someone I know. “A college small enough to get to know a lot of people, but big enough to not know everyone on campus,” a sentence that I like to say when giving tours to prospective students who visit the campus.
  • Being able to wobble all the time during orientation and orientation training.
  • Going to my first concert ever during the Lion Ambassador & Blue and White Society All-Campus Conference.
Back Stage with My Hero Zero!
  • Being to go to the offices of various staff members and just talk to them about random things.
  • Knowing that a lot of the staff members on campus know my name.
  • The Faces of high school students when we take them on tour around campus.
  • TOURS IN GENERAL!
  • Helping out with Open Houses.
  • Giving back to the community!
I cooked quiche for people at the Opportunity House in Reading.
  • Talking to my professors about class, even though I’m going to take their class in the upcoming semester.
  • Being part of events like Be a Penn Stater for a Day.
  • Talking about my career path with my friends and/or other people in my major.
  • Our Penn State Pride!

These are some of the things that make me Penn State Proud and glad that I chose Berks as the host for my college experience. As I said before, I’ve had so many wonderful experiences, and I know that there are more to come.

Until Next Time!

Diana


1 comment: