Tuesday, December 3, 2013

2 + 2 = A Full Penn State Experience

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100, that’s Binary for “HELLO WORLD”, this is Zach again and I’d like to talk to you about Penn State’s fantastic 2+2 Plan. As most of you know Penn State has a total of 20 Undergraduate Campuses throughout Pennsylvania and the 2+2 Plan allows students to start their education at one of the campuses and finish at another. This opportunity allows students the possibility to experience Penn State for what it is, a community.

Franco Building at Penn State Berks
Franco Building at Penn State Berks
My Penn State experience began at the Penn State Berks Commonwealth Campus and, starting in Fall 2014, will take me to the University Park Campus. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing the 2+2 Plan, and if given the option I would take the same path again. Penn State Berks gave me options I don’t believe I would have had as a first and second year student at University Park, the small city that it is. The small campus that is the Penn State Berks campus gives students and professors the opportunity to communicate, which calls for better in-class discussions and improved learning.

Old Main at University Park
Old Main at University Park
But the first two years of the 2+2 Plan is only half of the equation, the last 2 years are important as well. For me, my last two years at University Park are going to be interesting. I have made loads of friends and connections at Penn State Berks that I don’t really want to leave behind. But looking on the bright side, University Park will be a place for me to grow into the man I want to become; from living without Mom and Dad, working at a long distant relationship, and really buckling down on major specific courses.

These next two years at University Park are the ones that I believe will help shape me and prepare me for the real world. What better a place to do that then in State College, a place that has shaped men (and women), since 1855. Because, in the long run, that’s what Penn State offers; tradition of excellence mixed new experiences. FIGHT ON STATE!

- Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment