Monday, June 10, 2013

Scott Lohin interns at White House

Scott LohinIt took me awhile before I really thought about what was happening. I was following my boss, and we had already gone pretty far past the doorway. Finally my consciousness was informed that I was walking through the White House. I felt a little out of place as I tried to keep up, meanwhile trying my best to take in everything around me. Soon after, we passed by the Oval Office and were headed down a hallway. My boss pointed towards one end where I saw Bo, the dog belonging to First Family, wandering about. My brain went through another short circuit when I looked back up. The President was walking past us and asked how we were doing. It happened really fast, and afterwards my boss was laughing when she looked at my face.

During the Spring of 2013, I had the opportunity to intern for the Executive Office of the President (EOP). The EOP consists of the President’s immediate staff, as well as different entities that give counsel in their areas of expertise. The office that I worked in provided Information Technology to the rest of EOP, with a special focus on innovation and security. In the few months that I was there I met incredibly brilliant people – it was really cool to be a part of what they do.

(Lohin is a senior completing a dual major in Information Sciences and Technology and Security and Risk Analysis at Penn State Berks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment